Thursday, December 14, 2006

the fog

fog settled in around new orleans last night. my former roommate, angel, was a bit freaked out. he doesn't get fog in south florida. it didn't help that he recently (i suppose) saw the movie "the fog."

the fog was still around this morning, but it wasn't too bad. my flight to houston took off with no problems and we were set to have a beautiful arrival in sunny houston.

the fog not only followed me to houston, it beat me here. we had the (unknown at the time) privilege of a fully computerized landing. the airport is temporarily shut down, and my flight has been delayed.

sometimes in our christian walk, fog settles in. we find it hard to see our way. we lose sight of our goal. we delay fellowship, worship, prayer, and all sorts of other things that God uses to mature us.

i pray that when the fog sets in around you, you stay focused on your Savior, the only one who can "land" you safely.

rando

No comments:

Previous Blogs