Sunday, December 17, 2006

refresh, and other rando(m) thoughts...

as i sit in a Sleep Inn here in wake forest, nc, i am thankful for a time to recharge and be refreshed. as always, time with my brother can be trying, but it's a comfortable sort of trying.

i've had time with my family, time with my self, time with all the people in the houston airport, and time with my Savior. i always get time with my Savior, but sometimes at home all the stuff i've gotta do clutters my brain, and i have a hard time focusing (*screaming*).

one thing that hit me the other night as i prayed, so many times i pray that God's will be done in my life (as it should be), but Jesus told us in Matthew to "ask, and it shall be given to you, knock and the door shall be opened, seek and you shall find."

so, i asked.

i hope this thing i have asked for is in God's will. i would wait forever if i only knew. part of being a follower of Jesus, however, is trusting in God's timing, and waiting on him.

i think in the past i've asked for God's will, but not actually told God what it was i wanted, and it hit me that God wants us to ask, to seek, to knock. he doesn't just give us stuff. i think i had forgotten that.

so i asked.

what is it you need or want to ask God for?

rando

No comments:

Previous Blogs