Thursday, July 24, 2008

whew...one more day, and new challenges

one more day (plus today)

today is thursday, and tomorrow is our last day in des moines. we've been busy working with children from age 4 to high school. we're teaching Bible studies, doing crafts, making music, and playing games. much fun is being had by all. i'm in charge of the 7-12 grade group, and they bring their own intricacies to our group. the guys mostly want to play basketball and the girls mostly want to sit around and chat. funny thing, tho, all our 7-12 graders love doing crafts, and they listen very well in Bible study time.

new challenges for rando

my biggest challenge this week has been writing Bible study material from scratch. when i first contemplated this action, i was a bit freaked out. but God is with me and has surprised me again by giving me the words i needed to communicate his truth to the kids in my group.

please continue to pray for me and the group from metairie bc as we wrap up our ministry here and begin the long drive home to new orleans. i'd love to hear from you all - please feel free to post comments on the blog.

love to you all,

rando

No comments:

Previous Blogs