Monday, July 28, 2008

adios...

To my Belle Chasse family,

If you weren't here Sunday I'm sorry you didn't hear this from me personally. I suppose this is the next closest thing.


Thank you. Over the past two years, you have invited me into your homes and lives. You have trusted me with your teenagers as well as your not-teenagers. And you have put up with all of my Clemson antics.

Thank you. You have shown me love like no other church. I feel like I am one of you. Mr. Gary calls me his grandson. Kirby calls me his brother. Many of you call me friend.

It is however time for me to move on. God has called, and I have accepted a position with the North American Mission Board in which I will be ministering to college students at the University of New Orleans, as well as around the city and state.

Effective August 15, 2008, I will no longer be serving as your Interim Youth Pastor. However, I will still be your grandson, brother, and friend. I ask that you pray for me as I move into this new ministry, that you pray the students at UNO will be receptive to God’s love, and pray for the student here in Belle Chasse. These young men and women are the leaders of the future, and I hope you are looking forward to seeing what God will do through them, today, tomorrow and years down the road.

Randy Copeland

No comments:

Previous Blogs